5. Logitech diNovo Edge Keyboard – Definitely the best looking of the five, this keyboard is designed similar to that of new aluminum Mac keyboards in that it’s sleek and provides whisper-quiet typing. It also has a touch pad, perfect for when your mouse batteries die, (has happened to me countless times in worst moments!) or when you want to use it as a HTPC keyboard. It’s also Bluetooth, which means you can connect it to your Sony PS3.
4. Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard – Other than a built in LCD, the keyboard isn’t anything out of the ordinary. The real caveat here is the mouse. It’s probably the most praised mouse in the poker scene. Check out what members of popular poker forums had to say about the MX Revolution Mouse:
“I’m only going to say that the MX Rev is the freaking mortal nutz…” – DonkHero
“MX Revolution, best mouse I have ever used.” –Toms789
“I also use the MX Rev and love it. In fact, I liked it so much, I bought one for my computer at work too and about to buy a 3rd for my desktop at home. I can’t imagine using any other.” -Rocketragz
3. Kinesis Advantage Keyboard – “For keyboard, get Kinesis. It’s pricey but I would pay 1k for it.” – Tri “SlowHabit” Nguyen – Co-Author of the infamous $2500 poker book Let There Be Range.
2. Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard with Backlighting This is my keyboard, the one I consider the Value Bet of the bunch. Reasonably priced and similar to that of the DiNova Edge featured as #5, minus the trackpad, Bluetooth, and price. Most of us poker players want something that’s functional, economical, and sleek. Don’t you hate when you accidently mistype bet the river because it was too dark? I’ve been there, done that. This keyboard is backlit, it’s ~$70 now, but it will save you a ton more in the future, trust me.
1. Logitech G19 Programmable Gaming Keyboard with Color Display – The Logitech G Series keyboards, as featured on Lifehacker, as one of the best keyboards you’ll ever type on. Also backlit, but taken a step further as you can customize the backlighting to your favorite color. The standout feature for me is the 320 x 240 built in LCD screen, which you can use to display HEM stats, system information, and even stream YouTube videos. Honorable Mention: It’s predecessor, Logitech G15 was chosen as the best gaming keyboard by TechZulu
What keyboards got snubbed? Let us know!
Also, we’re planning an article on mouses, which are your favorite and why?
Photograph by Dennis.Vu